Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Seeing Stars....

In 1983, I was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. My life since then has been filled with ups and downs.

I thought I'd share a couple of the "ups".

In 1984, the Team Canada men's ice hockey team came to the Halifax Metro Center for an exhibition game. I was fortunate to be invited into the dressing room to meet the team.
The players included:  
Forwards and defense:
Glenn Anderson, Brian Bellows, Mike Bossy, Bob Bourne, Raymond Bourque, Paul Coffey, Mike Gartner, Michel Goulet, Randy Gregg, Wayne Gretzky, Charlie Huddy, Kevin Lowe, Mark Messier, Rick Middleton, Larry Robinson, Peter Stastny, Brent Sutter, John Tonelli, Doug Wilson and Steve Yzerman.
Training camp only: Mario Marois, James Patrick, Denis Savard, Al Secord, Scott Stevens, Brian Sutter, Sylvain Turgeon and Rick Vaive
Goaltenders: Grant Fuhr, Réjean Lemelin and Pete Peeters.
Coaches: Glen Sather, John Muckler, Ted Green, Tom Watt

I met a lot of these guys. I got many of their autographs and even got pictures taken with many of them.

Proof...
Wayne Gretzky and Mark Lipton (1984 Canada Cup)
On Friday August 10th, 2012; I again found myself meeting one of the best hockey players of all time. Mister Bobby Orr. Again, I managed to get a photo and an autograph...

Proof...
Bobby Orr and Mark Lipton
(2012 Lounsbury's Golf Tournament)
My dad made both of these opportunities possible for me and I want to thank him. All I have to say about that is... I love you dad.

Now, if I could have an opportunity to meet Sidney Crosby... All I have to say is, wow.

--- Mark ---