Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Health status...



Overall... I'm starting to get used to the very gradual and almost imperceptible improvements. 

At first, I was very depressed and highly under-whelmed with
 the rate at which I was improving.  However, when I look back, I have noticed quite an improvement over the long term (the last year and a half or so). Well, it's been  long for me anyway.

The two most noticeable improvements that I can see are:
  • My eyes: Although I am still unable to read well or drive, my eyes have improved immensely since I had my seizures in February 2010. I hope to be able to drive again relatively soon... Well, within a year anyway.
  • My balance: I have had bad balance since I originally had my brain tumor/surgery/radiation treatments in 1983-1984... But, since I've had my seizures in 2010, I've been stumbling on everything, running into people and things, and walking has been a challenge to say the least; among other things. Anyway, my balance, although  related to my eyes as well, has improved a great deal.
I am still having difficulty with my memory (long term and short term), my ability to multi-task and my concentration. My mental focus can be a challenge at times as well. But, overall, I think things are still improving.

I am still battling insomnia and extreme fatigue as well. But, I think that is due to my anti-seizure  medication. So, there doesn't appear to be much I can do about that.  

For more detail and the full story; please view THIS.
Another relevant link is HERE.

--- Mark ---