Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Health Update: April 3/2013...

It's been a while since I've updated my health status. Mainly because the rate at which I notice improvement has slowed to a crawl.

I find most of the time, I can't see any improvement. Then, I'll look back over the past months or even year and I can see a vast improvement. However, I do believe that I am still improving. I have to believe that.

My memory; short term and long term, is not very reliable these days. Sometimes I remember things that I learned years ago. Sometimes I forget what I learned minutes ago. The worst thing is when I forget what I am doing while I am doing it. It is very random and even more frustrating.

It's not like it happens once in a while. It happens all the time. I used to be quite good at doing more than one task at a time. Now, it's quite challenging for me, and very difficult for me to explain.

I am still having problems with my vision. Mostly, it affects my peripheral vision and my ability to read more than a few words at a time.

Also, I am still having headaches on a regular basis. Although not as strong as the ones I was experiencing before the seizures hit; They are still painful and generally affect my vision. Sometimes I can feel them coming on... Other times not.

 Exhaustion has become a part of my life these days. I am very tired, very often, and find my energy levels only to keep me going for a few hours at a time. Then, I need to sleep. But at the same time, I have insomnia and can't sleep... Eventually I run out of gas and can't help but sleep. I don't know if this is caused by my medication, or my messed up brain chemistry, or a combination of both... And the doctors I've seen haven't been overly helpful. But... At least I am still alive.

On a positive note, I find that my photography skills are improving. Recently, I have been trying to do more portrait/beauty/fashion work. And I find that I really enjoy it. It's one of the things I find that I am pretty good at and can do at my own pace.

--- Mark ---

 Related posts...