Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Changes...

As many of you may be aware, I am a cancer survivor and am currently dealing with some delayed side effects of the cobalt radiation treatments I underwent in the fall/winter of 1983.

Recently, I've been noticing a lot of minor changes in my health. With my medical history, small changes don't normally catch my attention. However, more things than usual have been catching my attention lately. Not always positive... But changes none the less. For example, last week, I experienced a "twinge" in my left temple area/frontal lobe of my brain and shortly afterwards I experienced a really sharp pain in the same spot.

I can't explain it.

The following days had me feeling a bit "foggy" as though my brain was heavy or sluggish... Again I have a really hard time explainung it....

Through all of these minor changes, my usual on again off again headaches and fuzzy vision continue...

Tonight, Linda and I went to a surprise birthday party for a good friend of mine's mother.... This isn't a big deal in itself... But, for a couple of hours afterwards, until around midnight(ish)... The heavy feeling in my brain and my normally fuzzy thoughts cleared up. I still had trouble with my vision, but I noticed that reading text and seeing symbols was much easier.

The heavy feeling in my eyes and brain is creeping back... But maybe a bit of sleep will help.  After experiencing memory and vision issues for the last few years now...  It was really good to feel a more than minor change for once... Hopefully it's a positive sign. Maybe my brain is learning how to correct the issues the radiation caused.


--- Mark ---