Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Latest CD: Alan Doyle - So Let's Go (2015)...

Due to some major health issues: I've been a bit "out of the loop" for the past few years and I have lost touch with some of my favourite musical artists.

Recently, I had an opportunity to hear the latest CD released by Alan Doyle: originally of Great Big Sea.

Great Big Sea or GBS was a very popular band from Newfoundland and Labrador during the 1990's to about 2010.

Alan's latest CD, "So Let's Go" is easily one of the best CD's I've heard in many years, although, his previous CD is quite good as well.

I have been a huge fan of Great Big Sea and Alan Doyle since I first heard them in the early 1990's.

I am a music lover. I always have been. Be it rock an roll, heavy metal, pop, jazz, blues, alternative, folk, Celtic.... Whatever. I have a great appreciation and respect for quality music, and the incredibly talented people who create it.

I will be honest however; I am not a fan a opera, nor of  most country music.

GBS and Alan Doyle however, have a style of their own. There are bits of many different styles in their music...

The skill and talent needed to successfully mix these various styles while creating amazing music is not lost on me.

Alan Doyle :
(Photo from Google.com)
I highly recommend this latest album by Alan Doyle... (and his previous work too) to anyone who likes the music of Great Big Sea or Alan Doyle. If you are not aware of these incredibly talented musicians, yet you call yourself a music lover, I strongly suggest that you check it out! Odds are that you will like it.

Alan doesn't do it alone... The musicians that collaborate with him are nothing short of amazing. And are all very talented in their own rights. And don't forget his support staff....

Thank you for yet another amazing album Alan.

--- Mark ---